Sunday, November 07, 2010

Busy, as per usual

But good things have come of my busyness.  Last week the City of Philadelphia hosted a Cities for Cycling event: experts from San Francisco, Portland, NYC and DC all came to share their experiences on building bicycle friendly cities and I was essentially the point guy for the project.  I have not been that busy since graduate school.  I spent gargantuan amounts of time coordinating people's schedules, making sure that we had a working powerpoint, getting lunches lined up and plotting the route for our tour of Philly's bike infrastructure.  By the end of their two day stay, I was pretty exhausted, but totally stoked about our next steps as a bike friendly city.  Check out the presentations here:

http://blog.bicyclecoalition.org/2010/11/pose-your-questions-for-cities-for.html#links

No comments:

Post a Comment