Monday, September 19, 2011

Really? That's what you did?


Confirm the timestamp if you doubt, but I went for a run last night. Those are my floppy feet and pencil calves pictured above. I think that the last time I went for a run was last October some time when I had aspirations of getting back after it in the off season.

After a week of a nagging knee injury that seems only to hurt when I ride a bike, I dug out my old cross country spikes and rode to Fairmount Park. I tried riding a bit and then stashed my bike in the woods, switched over my shoes and headed out for a jog. Though I probably only ran for 30 minutes, it was the best 30 minutes of running I've done in the past 5 years. The constant change of pace, hopping over logs, jumping through brambles, shucking and jiving made the time fly, and my legs happy. Powering up little inclines was actually fabulous, and I even found myself diverting on alternate trails to make the trip back to my bike longer. My legs are pretty hammered today, but that's to be expected. I'm hoping that a couple more runs and I'll be able to withstand a bit of pounding again.

No comments:

Post a Comment