Thursday, June 10, 2004

I almost got my ass busted by a big friggin truck the other day. I've taken to riding my bicycle to the more far flung places that I teach at, mostly because it's good exercise and it's more fun than sitting on a sweltering train wishing that I could be riding. With the rainy season upon us, it's pretty imperative that I get out the door as often as possible to avoid going crazy. Anyway, as for the truck incident, it was the standard squeeze out into the curb that I deal with every day here. This time however the mirror sailed right by my ear and I tried to evade by hopping up onto the sidewalk via a driveway. Unfortunately, like almost all joints in the road here it was separated by a 2 inch ledge, which in turn skidded me onto my ass.

Sure roads are narrow and all here, in fact many streets are passable by only one car at a time, but jezus, give me a break. I get to my destination at approximately the same time as the car drivin man, they can give me a break and be patient or at least courteous once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment