Thursday, January 13, 2005

I'm in the process of reading my third Tom Robbins novel. I've read "Another Roadside Attraction" and "Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas" and now I'm on to "Villa Incognito". While they are always good for some trivia and a laugh, I didin't really fall in love with the other two, and I'm not sure why I'm reading this one. I guess I shouldn't be so critical of myself, it is afterall a book and not a cycling or climbing magazine. It would behoove my atrophied noodle to work on reading more works with more than 10 pages devoted to a single topic.

In other news, tomorrow is the Nozawa Fire Festival. I believe that I posted a brief sketch of this last year, but tomorrow I will actually see the event, rather than just hear stories and legends. It is basically a time for the Japanese to get ripped on sake and burn down some towers upon which old men are standing. It sounds like good fun, i'll be sure to write more tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment