Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ok, the plan is to get more regular posting up now that I'm going to be a student again. I'm currently waiting anxiously for my first day of class. My lineup is as follows: Monday's I'll be taking one half of my Techniques of Urban Analysis, and that's all. Tuesday will be my Intro to Environmental Planning and also my Structure of Cities and Regions. Wednesday, I'll have Cities Past and Present, a historical overview and my week finishes with a bang on Thursday with the second half of each of my Monday and Tuesday classes as well as Statistics for the Social Sciences. Fridays will hopefully be free, either to work (probably) or screw off (wishfully). I'm looking forward to the classes for the most part, with a little worry about my ability to maintain consciousness in these longer 3 hour sessions that some of the classes use. Lord knows I had a great deal of trouble staying awake in my undergraduate 1.5 hour classes. I guess I've just got to be dilligent about getting sleep.


In other news, I almost blew up the house last night. We've been moving the old stove around a fair amount in the kitchen and have consequently been turning off the gas after we're done using it. This necessitates re-lighting the burners after each use. Normally, I use the blowtorch to do this each time but the other day I found a lighter in my tool box and decided that it would be great to leave that on top of the stove so that I could light the burners more quickly. After using the stove, I just took the lighter and stuck it between the grates of a grill on the back of the stove, not thinking about the fact that those vents were from the oven. This wasn't a problem for a while since we rarely bake, but while shopping at Aldi the other day we decided to purchase some of the "pop" biscuits and baked those yummy guys up. Well, the oven heated up and as I was upstairs in the bathroom I heart this loud CRACK, this was of course the lighter exploding from the heat. Luckily, there were no burners lit on top of the stove or I could have probably made a huge fireball. Anyway, lesson learned. Don't do like Donnie Don't does.

No comments:

Post a Comment