Sunday, October 01, 2006

In the joyous rush of schoolwork that has surrounded me these past few days, I've conspired to blow my mental circuits with long stints in the computer lab. It's a frickin' riot I assure you. I remember thinking while at Macalester that I liked the finals period in a certain sense because it afforded me a chance to commune with my fellow students, all of whom were stressed to a similar degree as me. Well, graduate school is affording the same communal feelings of stress, impending doom and hopefully catharsis, only here it's hitting pretty hard about 4 weeks in. I'm prepping for 3 tests, 2 papers, 1 mapping project and an undiminished reading load. Yikes. Thank god my department gives out free beer every Friday in its attempt to reduce the dropout rate and forge community bonds. I only have to drink approximately $350 worth of alchohol every Friday for my education to virtually pay for itself. My liver can't thank me enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment