Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I will soon post some spectacular pictures of our most recent mini-vacation, but as I'm at work right now, killing time until I actually have to do something, I'll be brief.

Jennifer and I drove down to Shenandoah National Park last Wednesday and hiked about 5 miles of the Appalachian trail, camped and then headed to Seneca Rock in West Virginia for some hiking and a wee bit of rock climbing. All in all, I thought that West Virginia was one of the more scenic places I've been out East, but I can hardly imagine how anyone could live there. If you're not a logger or a farmer, there isn't a whole lot to do. Pretty country though, verdant meadows, clear streams, no bugs (yet) and rolling mountains with some really wicked outcroppings of various rocks sticking like dinosaur fins up into the air. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment