Thursday, May 03, 2012

Birthday for me

The trip to Vancouver was capped off with some super sake from a store called Nomi. It's one of the few places anywhere on the continent that actually sells a variety of good imported stuff. I honestly don't know a whole lot about sake when it comes down to it, I just know that I like it a lot.  The cheap stuff like Gekkeikan or Shirayuki is kind of like the Miller High Life or Franzia of sake, good when I want a warm slug of something. After being spoiled by some of the good stuff that Vinod has plied me with over the past year, it's been increasingly difficult to go back to my budget sake though. The high test stuff is amazingly different, much smoother and cleaner in flavor. Come on over and have a glass with me some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment