Thursday, November 02, 2017

Regularity

I was reflecting back on how I really like looking through my blog archives for perspective on the past 14 years.  It's a sporadic record at best, but I think that a regular check in here would do me well as a marker of time.

These days I find myself working hard to work smart.  I always got the heebie jeebies at the thought of business school or anything like that.  Right now I wish I had some of that training; cash flow analysis, strategic planning, SWOT analysis have all become pretty crucial to making Indego a success, or even keeping the whole thing from falling apart. Becoming more comfortable with being confused is a skill that I'm working on, and I hope that it will lead to good, or at least not bad, decision-making without enough information.

On the good side, I'm actually feeling like a muthafuckin' boss from time to time.  Having gone through 7 bosses over the last two years and lost all of the original team that built Indego has been a gut punch, a rollercoaster, and a mental mire. I'm finally getting the feeling that this shit is MY shit, and have some great people to work with and to work for who are keeping that in perspective.  Having Waffiyyah and Patrick has made a big difference.  Getting a raise didn't hurt, and getting a sense of what my actual pecking order in the office is. Now to get a room with a desk and a door on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment