Friday, November 03, 2017

Whupped

I seem to end many weeks like this--feeling as though there is not enough sleep in the world to re-energize my heavy head.  It probably doesn't help that I sleep like shit many nights.  It's probably stress, but it generally feels like an itchy back, or a full bladder, or some goddamned noise outside. Last year it tended to keep me up and awake for hours, but of late it just seems as though I'm waking up 3-5 times over the night.  I can live with that.

I remember reading something about the evolutionary cost of humans developing big brains.  Apparently consciousness burns a lot of calories, but despite all of my consciousness and thinking and ruminating and stressing, I am not getting any skinnier.  It's generally been the opposite.  Probably it's the not exercising part along with the 'chronological upgrade points' that are doing that.


No comments:

Post a Comment