Saturday, February 28, 2004

The idea has crossed my mind more than once that i'm a big idiot when it comes to sports and such. I've got these goals that i set for myself, "I'd like to be fast/ski well/climb high." and then i just go and fart around and waste my time when i could easily be working towards those goals. I think that probably most people are like that to a large extent, but I really don't care about other people in this case, we're talking about me here. I suppose that's what separates the achievers from the non; the little thing called 'self motivation'.

I'm reminded of the conundrum that Alf proposed while he was studying neuroscience at Mac. He said that what he should really do is work his ass off and figure out some drug or brain synapse that would motivate people and then he would be rich after an extensive marketing campaign to sell the stuff to all of the unmotivated people in the world. The only problem is he would have to have such a drug available to get over his perpetual lazyness. Blows your mind doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment