Friday, April 30, 2004

Jennifer, Shane, Lara and I are winging it down to Kyushu this next week. We'll be gone for about 9 days total and since it's T minus 8 hours and counting, i suppose I should start packing my stuff. I don't really want to rush into something like packing for a vacation though. We were really hoping to get the sleeping pads and bags that we ordered specifically for this trip to arrive today, but guess what, they didn't. Not only that but I was kind of duped by the online ordering system that I went through and they got shipped out UPS. I don't exactly know why the USPS can get my parents shipments here for like $35 and these yahoos wanted to charge me $125 for the shipping. Not only that, I think that USPS is actually faster to Japan. At any rate, I called these guys to complain because they hadn't authorized the upcharged shipping with me and they knocked the shipping cost down by half, but all the same, it's a damn shame that we won't get to use our fabulous new stuff that we had intended for this trip. INstead we have some styrofoam padding that should (not) do the trick.

Anyway, don't expect an update until I'm good and ready. Also, until I'm home next week.

Hmm, I'm already dreading going back to work. How about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment