Sunday, April 24, 2005

Ok, here comes what has become my weekly post. Whereas last week I had a lot to bitch about due to my super-busy schedule, this past week has been a delight with fewer classes and a lot less stress. I guess now that I'm older and wiser life is looking better for me.

I saw some interesting stuff on a bike ride last Friday. You gardeners out there know that when you are trying to prevent birds from landing and eating the things out of your garden that you may resort to various kinds of scarecrows to keep them out. One type is a stuffed or plastic thing shaped like a dead crow, hanging upside-down from a tree. Well, I saw a similar device employed in a farmer's vegetable patch though this one would have to be called a "scare-monkey" because it was a monkey doll with dead looking eyes suspended from it's hind leg. If that doesn't work, then the monkeys are either too dumb to realize that the doll is supposed to be a monkey, or they're too smart that realize that the doll is just a scare-monkey and that they really don't care anyway.

What would the farmers do if they knew that children had been snacking on their veggies? I can only imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment