Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Jennifer and kelly are on the couch. Jean is on the floor. For the past 10 minutes kelly and jean have been going back and forth about various things. This all started as a conversation about the guy taking care of their some what senile grandmother who's staying at their house.

"Mom, what are you paying him?"

"I don't want to get into it, dont' go there"

"I'm just curious."

"You'll just take it personally, I don't want to get into it, it's none of your business."

"I won't get bent out of shape, i'm just curious."

"Well, i don't get paid for work that I do."

"You don't really do much work at all."

"Mom, you're making me angry, you don't know how hard i work."

"Well, every time you come home you avoid hard work like the plague."

"No, every time I go home i do some work, like washing dishes or something."

"What about hard labor."

"What is hard labor anyway?"

"You could have gone out in the backyard and dug a ditch with Ian and Aaron last year."

"I just didn't want to."

et cetera...

This is not unusual, but all the better for happening in my living/dining/bed room.
Families are lovely, but sometimes, particularly the times that they're so close, we can't really appreciate them. This is particularly true when they're being belligerent in my somewhat larger than a bread box apartment. Scratch that, it's not my apartment, it's the apartment that i'm sharing with my girlfriend and her wonderfully eccentric family, and their home life. Often, and I'm sure this is true for me, but folks just don't want to step back and say, damn i'm one stupid ass right now. What the hell good am i doing in this argument. Next time i'm being stupid like that, someone smack me in the face please.

No comments:

Post a Comment